Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Celebration

"Come on now, celebration/ Let's all celebrate and have a good time/ Celebration!" - "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang

Today I have a reason to celebrate! Last night I received a response from an agent that I sent a query letter to, and she wants to see three chapters and a detailed synopsis of Secrets! She actually seemed excited about my book, which gives me a lot of hope. As any writer who is just beginning his/her career knows, you have to celebrate the little victories because they can be few and far between. This is a very fickle business, and when a professional says that your book has potential and they want to read it, it's a jump up and down, shout as loud as you can, laugh like nothing can go wrong moment.

I'm excited. Can you tell? But still, I'm keeping my head out of the clouds. Yes, it's fun to dream of literary success, but I know I still have a long way to go. But who knows? Maybe now I'm on my way...

1 comment: