Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

People are Strange

"When you're strange/ Faces come out of the rain/ When you're strange/ No one remembers your name/ When you're strange/ When you're strange/ When you're strange." - "People are Strange" by The Doors

If there is one thing I am certain about, it is that people are indeed strange. Every one of us in some way is strange, weird, odd, unique. I heard The Doors on the radio the other day and it got me to thinking about how different all of us really are.

Yesterday I was writing about the creative writing class Willow is taking, and I had the teacher give the assignment for everyone to describe themselves using two colors, two numbers, and two places. Just think of the possibilities! No one will get to know what Willow wrote until the book is finished, but this is what I came up with for my own description of myself. I would love it if you would leave a comment with your personal "2x3" description.

I think in shades of blue and red, and my California childhood was made up of classic rock songs, cool cars, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. I am a product of 1982 but a child of the 60's at heart, and for some unknown reason I am obsessed with Barrow, Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment