Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Your Song

"And you can tell everybody this is your song/ It may be quite simple but now that it's done/ I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind/ That I put down in words/ How wonderful life is while you're in the world." -
"Your Song" by Elton John

In Secrets, I first mention that Willow Ryan has always wished that she had a song that described her in some way, that made her feel like it was written especially for her. Going off of that desire, she names her baby after a song so it can start it's life with something she never had.

I have lots of songs that fit me (check out the August 27, 2010 post), which is what made me think of incorporating the idea into my books. Do any of you out there have a song that you feel is "yours" in some way? I would love to hear your comments on this topic!

P.S.-Here are a few name songs that I think are especially great!

"Rhiannon" - Fleetwood Mac
"Sweet Baby James" - James Taylor
"Rockin' Robin" - Bobby Day
"Johnny B. Goode" - Chuck Berry
"Quinn the Eskimo" - Bob Dylan
"Jennifer Juniper" - Donovan
"Jet" - Paul McCartney and Wings
"Annie's Song" - John Denver

The list could go on and on and on and on! Oh no, too many "on and ons". Now I'm going to have Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" stuck in my head all day! Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment