Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Suffer the Rain

"But nobody's never gonna tell you the way/ You gotta figure it out boys and suffer the rain/ And the fools in the night and the heat in the day/ When all you ever really wanted was for someone to understand." - "Film Noir" by The Gaslight Anthem

I love this song. Whenever I hear it, I think of how you have to work as hard as you can to get where you want to go, and no one is going to do the work for you. You may suffer along the way, but the pain is part of the journey. So true. These guys know what they're talking about.

As far as my journey toward a career in writing goes, I am once again renewing my efforts to get an agent. I know it will happen, but with "time time ticking away" (another line from "Film Noir"), I am getting a little anxious. I am not by nature a patient person, so it takes a lot of effort to wait for something for years, but I know it will be worth it when I finally find the right agent.

In the meantime, I am writing. It's the best therapy I know, and the only kind I can afford! Seriously though, I am now over 100 pages into the fourth Willow book, and I am really pleased with where the story is going. Sometimes I know exactly what will take place in the coming pages or chapters and sometimes I am just as surprised at what my characters do or say as my readers are. It's fun to see what will happen next in the charming town of Santa Elena, so I better get busy and continue their story!

No comments:

Post a Comment