Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dancing Queen(s)

"You can dance, you can jive/ Having the time of your life/ See that girl, watch that scene/ Digging the dancing queen." - "Dancing Queen" by Abba

I do not like Abba and I do not like disco, but I have a feeling that Riley and Alana would both like this song. Today is dance day, and both girls are very excited to start learning their dances for their spring recital. Seriously, is there anything cuter than a little girl in a leotard/tutu, wearing ballet shoes, with her hair in a bun?

Ugh, the ballet bun! My arch nemesis! It took me literally months to get the hang of putting Alana's hair in a bun, and she hates wearing it as much as I hate making it. She likes a LOW ponytail ("Down here!" she always says, patting the back of her neck), but for dance, her hair has to be high up in a bun. There is no alternative. Alana suffers for her art...

No comments:

Post a Comment