Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

California Dreamin'

"All the leaves are brown/ And the sky is gray/ I've been for a walk on a winter's day/ I'd be safe and warm/ If I was in L.A./ California dreamin' on such a winter's day." - "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas and the Papas


Today I woke up to a four inch think blanket of snow covering the ground, which is pretty unusual in this part of the country. This has been the snowiest winter I have ever seen! Today was a snow day of course, so the girls and I spent the morning together, most of it outside enjoying our winter wonderland. Until we each got hit with one too many snowballs. And snow went down someone's back. And my socks got soaking wet. Then I was definitely California Dreamin'!

But still, I love winter, and I love the snow, and it was nice to hang out with the girls and watch them just be kids, having fun on an unexpected day off of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment