Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Tired and Broken

"Maybe you're tired and broken/ Your tongue is twisted with words half spoken and thoughts unclear." - "Box of Rain" by the Grateful Dead

This is the perfect song choice for today. I am exhausted, I have so much going on in my head I can't seem to think straight, and my words are only half spoken because I didn't write a single sentence in my novel all weekend. I still achieved my weekly goal, thanks to a couple of very productive days, but I am left feeling unsatisfied with what I have done. My question is, how can I take care of myself (meaning by writing to save my sanity!), if I am consumed with taking care of everyone around me? Isn't is a pain when real life gets in the way of a much calmer, nicer, creative life?

So, taking into consideration the way this week is starting out (sick kid that is not mine but I take care of and worry endlessly about, as well as being very worn out myself), my goal is simple. Continue doing a daily writing prompt, which has been great by the way, and try to complete one chapter in my fourth Willow Ryan book. There is so much coming up in this latest installment of Willow's life, and I can't wait to write about, but I guess I have to. Hopefully the week will get better though. You'll hear about it either way! Have a good Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment