Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Turn it Around

"'Cause you had a bad day, you're taking one down/ You sing a sad song just to turn it around/ You say you don't know, you tell me don't lie/ You work on a smile and you go for a ride/ You had a bad day..." - "Bad Day" by Daniel Powder

Yesterday was a bad day. I didn't get nearly enough writing done, I spent seven hours trying to take care of a four-year-old who was determined to make my life difficult, and was thoroughly embarrassed while watching her run wild at gymnastics and cause the rest of the children in her class to follow suit. This is not normal behavior for her! As her nanny, I felt responsible for her acting out, and am sure that some of the moms who were watching were thinking the same thing. Sigh. It was just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I felt like Alexander in that old children's book. Does anyone remember reading that in first grade? A true classic that everyone can relate to at some point.

Today is going to be better. Alana and I will turn our week around. We have to! That's what I told her when I left yesterday and she apologized for misbehaving. We will have a happier day tomorrow. A better day. A day with no tantrums and no time outs. Maybe a day with a nice, long nap! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment