Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wouldn't It Be Nice

"You know the more we talk about it/ It only makes it worse to live without it/ But let's talk about it/ Wouldn't it be nice." - "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys

I know that these lyrics have nothing to do with writing and hopes for a future career, but they kind of work. The more I talk and think about the possility that someday I could be a published author with a book deal and spend my days writing, creating, and daydreaming, the harder it is to wait for that seemingly impossible dream to come true. But still, I have to talk about it so the dream/goal stays alive. And yes, it would be nice!

I'm sure that most writers out there who have made it once felt the same way I do now. I have read so much about authors' success stories, ways to break into the business, tips from the experts, etc., and they all have one common piece of advice. If you want to be a writer, then write! So that's what I'm doing. I'm writing every chance I get, and I can't say enough how much I appreciate all of you out there who take the time to read my blog, answer my questions on the writing forums, and download my "Willow Ryan" ebooks. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment