Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

A New Week, A New Goal

"Sunshine came softly through my window today..." - "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan

It's bright, sunny, and warm today, and for once I can honestly say that I don't hate it. Normally I favor dark, cold days, but this is a nice change of pace. I spent the morning with Riley who stayed home sick (she's fine now), and when we went to pick her sister up from school, we actually had the windows rolled down and the heat turned off. It was kind of refreshing. But I still want winter to return and stick around for a while. Go figure!

With working all morning and not getting in my normal two hour writing block that I try to do Monday-Friday before I head off to the job that actually pays the bills, I already feel like I am behind in accomplishing my new goal. I met my goal for last week (yea me!), and now have six chapters completed in book four of the "Willow Ryan" series. My goal for this week is to write two more chapters. That shouldn't be a problem, unless a child gets sick again, I have computer problems (please, no more!), or I become infected with one of the millions of germs that seem to be following the girls around like the dust cloud that trailed Pigpen in the old Peanuts cartoons. Sometimes I feel like a walking Petrie dish! I guess that is one of the occupational hazards that come along with being a nanny.

So here's to a healthy, problem-free, productive week for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment