Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Waiting

"The waiting is the hardest part/ Every day you get one more yard/ You take it on faith, you take it to the heart/ The waiting is the hardest part."

You are so right, Tom Petty. I just emailed an agent with the requested first chapter of my novel. I have to have faith that "Willow Ryan" will one day be published, but the waiting really is the hardest part. True, I am more impatient than most people, but still. I could hear back from this agent tomorrow, or it could be two months from now. Either way, I pray it's good news.

I am still in the same place with my third novel, "Surprises: Willow Ryan Book 3", having written absolutely nothing for a couple of weeks now. How terrible! Life just keeps getting in my way, and I can think of nothing better than to hide out for a few weeks, in complete peace and solitude, and write until my imagination runs out of words. I have this fantasy of how it would be to get to write for a living, and that's part of it. I'm not a hermit though, far from it. It's just that there are days (weeks, months, years) when I don't get anything done that I feel like I need to do, and "I wanna leave this world for awhile". Hey, another Tom Petty quote! Can you tell I'm a fan?

I will end this post with the hope that next week proves to be more creative, inspirational, and fulfilling than the last, for me and all of you. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment