Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow

"If you wake up and don't want to smile/ If it takes just a little while/ Open your eyes and look at the day/ You'll see things in a different way/ Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow/ Don't stop it'll soon be here/ It'll be, better than before/ Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone." - "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac

I am trying to make these lyrics my anthem toward my as of yet nonexistent writing career. I recently came to the realization that when I started contacting agents last year, I was nowhere near ready, and neither was my work, to jump into the literary world. After months of rejections from agents and revisions on my own part, I can honestly say that both "Willow Ryan" and I are ready to be taken seriously. This past year of learning about the business, how agents work, and who I am as a writer has really been eye-opening, and now since yesterday's gone, I'm thinking about tomorrow. I have more agents to query, more research and learning to do, and much, much more writing ahead of me. I am now seeing things in a different way, and I have faith that tomorrow will be better than yesterday for my writing. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment