Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Weekend

"I need a big weekend/ Kick up the dust/ Yeah a big weekend/ If you don't run, you rust."

You and me both, Tom Petty. For some reason, this has been the longest week in the history of the world. I have been feeling very stuck, and there is something very appealing about the idea of taking off, hitting the road, and just escaping for a while. Nothing but driving, listening to road trip songs, and total freedom.

Hey, wait a minute! I don't have a spontaneous bone in my body! I would have to spend weeks making plans, lists, packing... the list goes on. I guess there would just be too much work involved for me to be carefree for a whole weekend. Oh well.

Maybe, just maybe, I will have a big weekend. I might, dare I say it, have a chance to write! I know, I know, it sounds very boring, but I haven't worked on my third book in weeks, and it would feel great to get some writing accomplished. It may not be what Tom Petty had in mind when he wrote the song, but right now it sounds pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment