Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello World!

Hello world/ here's a song that we're singing/ come on get happy!

No, I'm not a big Partridge Family fan, but I figured that was a good way to say hi for my first post.

Why start a blog? I was inspired in part by the movie Julie & Julia, and in part by my love for writing and talking. After completing two novels, I figured that this was a good venue to get my voice heard. Okay, so maybe you are wondering what my books are about? If so, fantastic! That's what I was hoping for. The series is entitled "Willow Ryan", and here's my pitch.

"Seventeen, pregnant, and on her own. An unwanted crisis, or perhaps an unexpected blessing?"

Interested yet?

While I'm waiting to be discovered and become the next Robin Jones Gunn or Melody Carlson, I work as a home school teacher/nanny. Not exactly a glamorous job, but it's rewarding. Today I discovered that three year olds can be even more insightful than I realized when we came across a dead squirrel. This little girl looked up at me, full of innocence and wonder, and said that she was sad that the squirrel wasn't alive, but happy that it was in Heaven now and not hurting. Amazing, right?

Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

  1. Only one entry and I'm already a fan of your blog! Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Loved the comment made by your little three year old! My granddaughters, with having parents that have biology and biochem degrees, always tell me, "it's sad grandma, but it helps other animals and insects survive." It's amazing what children have to say, on the subject of death, sometimes we do not give them enough credit! I loved your first novel, can't wait to finish the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I am so excited that you are making such great progress with your third book! We are looking forward to reading it!!!
    I can't begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed your first two books. Since I always read aloud while we are in the car, we would often take "the long way" to reach our destinations, just so we could have that extra time to read!!!
    You are an excellent author!!!

    ReplyDelete