Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Teach Your Children

"Teach, your children well/ Their father's hell/ Did slowly go by/ And feed them on your dreams/ The one they picked, the one you'll know by/ Don't you ever ask them why?/ If they told you, you would cry/ So just look at them and sigh/ And know they love you."

Ah, the wise words of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I love that song, don't you? I was thinking about that song earlier, especially the line about dreams, while I was eating lunch with the three year old I teach. We were having a very fancy tea party lunch, one of her favorite things, and naturally she wanted to blow out the candles. As the smoke was swirling around in the air, I asked her if she made a wish. She said yes, that she wished that I would win when we play animal bingo later because last time I lost. Her wish was so sweet and selfless, it almost did make me cry. I'm such a sap!

No comments:

Post a Comment