Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

I've Always Been a Dreamer

"You know I've always been a dreamer/ (Spent my life running 'round)/ And it's so hard to change/ (Can't seem to settle down)/ But the dreams I've seen lately/ Keep on turning out, and burning out/ And turning out the same/ So put me on a highway/ And show me a sign/ And take it to the limit one more time."

The Eagles kind of sum up my experience with the world of literary agents at this point. I finished my first novel a little over a year ago and have been submitting ever since, hoping against hope that someone will be willing to take on an unpublished writer with big dreams and hopefully equally big potential. I have received a few requests for sample chapters, but nothing has panned out. I got an email from an agent requesting Chapter One yesterday, and I am excited, but with reservations. I am still dreaming... but trying to keep my head out of the clouds.

In the meantime, I am still writing, and am happy to say that in the last 16 months, I have written about 800 pages. I think that's pretty good if I do say so myself! Thanks for listening!

1 comment: