Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Seals and Sting Rays and Sharks, Oh My!

"Can't you feel 'em closin' in, honey?/ Can't you feel 'em schoolin' around?/ You got fins to the left, fins to the right/ And you're the only girl in town."

Today I took the girls on a field trip to the aquarium in Virginia Beach. It was quite an adventure! Riley loved the seals and sharks, and Alana happily announced to the whole restaurant while we were eating lunch that her favorite things were the sting rays, bathrooms (don't ask!), and... the gift shop! It was pretty funny. I told the girls they could each pick out something small as a gift from me, and they both picked out stuffed seals, which, to my relief, were under $10 a piece. Whew!

It might not have been quite as fun as eating a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" or being "wasted away again in Margaritaville", but the girls had a great time and I enjoyed watching them explore the wonderful world of our oceans and bays. Our next adventure in a couple of weeks will be to the local art museum while we are studying the continent of Europe. Have any of you ever taken a three year old to an art museum? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment