Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Silence is Golden

"Silence is golden, golden/ But my eyes still see."

Aah, naptime. It's been a busy day and I am more than ready for a break. The girls have been overly argumentative, prompting me to say things I never I thought I would say, including, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all", "I don't like arguing", "Be nice your sister or you'll go in time out", and the ever popular, "Because I said so". I don't know what the problem was, aside from being tired, but the girls were at each other's throats, and mine.

This morning, I was told by a five-year-old that I was driving too fast and I didn't know where the library was. Seriously? I was not pleased. Then while at the library, the three-year-old informed me that I am too old to check out books, so I should just wait in the car. I informed her that adults could check out books too, and 27 is not old. That was met with an eye roll by both girls. Wow.

On the way home, I once again grew tired of hearing the girls fight, and told them no talking for five minutes. As I glanced back in the mirror of the way cool minivan that I drive at work (VERY different from my Mustang!), I saw the girls sticking their tongues out, making faces, and rolling their eyes at each other, hence the lyrics for this post. What happened to the little angels I know they can be? Maybe they will be back after naptime. One can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment