Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rockin' Pneumonia

"Young man rhythm's got a hold of me too/ I've got the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu." - Johnny Rivers

When I picked Alana up from school yesterday, she was complaining that her ears hurt. She has had a cold for over a week, and sure enough, it has turned into an ear infection and pneumonia. Poor kid!

Luckily, it's not really as bad as it sounds. This morning during breakfast, she said her tummy was telling her to stop eating her pear, and I thought, okay, no big deal, she's full. But when I was encouraging her to rest and read her books quietly a little later on, she said very seriously that her tummy was telling her to stop reading and get up and play. Hmm... I took that as a sign that she wasn't feeling bad at all. She has still been her normal feisty, stubborn, silly self, so hopefully she will recover quickly and be back to normal - and school - in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment