Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Highs and Lows

"Do your feet get cold in the winter time?/ The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine/ It's hard to tell the nighttime from the day/ And your losing all your highs and lows/ Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away...?" - "Desperado" by the Eagles

Yes, it's not even nine o'clock in the morning and my days is already filled with highs and lows. When I was checking my email this morning I discovered an email from an agent I had recently queried. With equal amounts of anticipation and dread, I opened the email and was greeted with a polite rejection letter. Sigh. It was a nice one, saying that Secrets does not fit their current needs, but they invited me to query them again in the future with other projects. I guess that's a good thing, but it doesn't really make a difference at this point, does it?

Just like in "Desperado", it's cloudy and damp, but not quite cold enough to snow. A very dreary day. Kind of fits the mood though.

Okay, the pity party is over. On the high side, Secrets and Promises, the first two books in the "Willow Ryan" series, are now available for download on Amazon.com! After hearing good reviews of their e-publishing program from authors on the B&N message boards, I decided to go ahead and upload my books. Hopefully I will have better luck on Amazon than B&N. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment