Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pen and Paper

"He found the bandages inside the pen/ And the stitches on the radio." -"Boxer" by the Gaslight Anthem

Brian Fallon's lyrics above are referring to music and songwriting, but I totally get it. I feel the same way about my writing. For me, writing solves problems, provides a vent and an escape, and opens up a world that doesn't exist otherwise. Writing teaches and entertains, it helps and heals.

On that note, I am happy to announce that I have officially started writing the fourth book in the "Willow Ryan" series! I have pages of notes that I have been working on for some time now, and today I sat down and began chapter one. This book promises to be everything the first three "Willow" novels are: funny, tear-jerking, heartwarming, and a way to escape to a friendly little town on the coast of Southern California called Santa Elena, where you can drop in on one of Willow and Denny's beach parties, go shopping at the quaint children's boutiques Two Peas in a Pod and Thyme to Play, and have a slice of Peggy Maguire's famous peach pie. What are you waiting for? Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment