Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Never Grow Up

"To you, everything's funny/ You got nothing to regret/ I'd give all I have, honey/ If you could stay like that/ Oh darlin', don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/ Just stay this little/ Oh darlin', don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up/ It could stay this simple." - "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift

This is what I sang to Alana at naptime today. She has always loved babies, ever since she was one, and lately she has been on this kick where she wants baby. A real live baby. Not a little brother or sister, but a baby of her own. When I commented on how she will be such a good mommy when she grows up, she threw her hands in the air and exclaimed, "I can't wait that long!" Whoa. She's only four!

So, for the child who wants nothing more than to be an adult, "Don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little". The last four years have gone by in the blink of an eye, so I hope the rest of her childhood slows down a bit before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment