Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, Monday

"Monday, Monday/ So good to me/ Monday morning/ It was all I hoped it would be." - "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and the Papas

Normally Mondays are not my favorite day of the week, but so far today has been great! I was able to write six more pages in my latest novel, even though my dog was barking and howling like a crazed wolf, I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio ("Me and Bobby McGee" by the one and only Janis Joplin), and Alana was in a fantastic mood when I picked her up from school. What a great way to start the week!

As I was working on some writing last night, I decided to give myself a goal each week. It could be anything from finishing a poem I'm working on, to writing a certain number of pages in a novel, or writing an article on child development. This week, my goal is to write at least 40 pages in my fourth Willow novel. Since I don't have an agent, editor, or publisher to give me deadlines (sigh), I will give them to myself. Hopefully my dedication and hard work will pay off...soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment