Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Keep on Truckin'

"Truckin' like the Doodah man/ Once told me "Gotta play your hand"/ Sometimes the cards ain't worth a dime/ If you don't lay them down." - "Truckin'" by the Grateful Dead

I have once again renewed my efforts to get an agent. I compiled a list of a dozen or so agents that I think would be a good fit for my "Willow Ryan" series and started sending off letters.

I retooled my query letter for the millionth time, hoping against hope that one of the changes I made will make a difference in my quest for literary success. I have been at this for quite a while now, but after a very long work week and a short paycheck (sigh), one thing remains the same. I. MUST. GET. PUBLISHED. Seriously, there has to be something more out there for me. In fact, I know there is, and I always have. Not to sound cocky or anything, but I know I have it in me to be a full-time, published, and PAID author.

Until the time when a professional agent and/or publisher realizes this too, I will keep on truckin' (maybe not like the Doodah man though...) and do what I can to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment