Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yellow Brick Road

"Back to the howling old owl in the woods/ Hunting the horny back toad/ Oh, I've finally decided my future lies/ Beyond the Yellow Brick Road." - "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John

I picked this song for two reasons. One, there is a very annoying frog ribbiting outside of my dining room window right now that is very distracting, and two, because last night I dreamed that I was walking down the Yellow Brick Road toward Oz. Instead of looking for a wizard, I was looking for my manuscript which had mysteriously vanished. I'm not making this up! It was very frustrating because I kept getting lost and I was sure that all of my hard work was gone forever. I didn't meet any unfortunate souls along the way who lacked heart, brains, or courage, and I woke up before I found my book, so I'm not sure what would have happened in this crazy dream if I could sleep through the night like a normal person. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment