Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Hope They're A-Changin'

"Come writers and critics/ Who prophesize with your pen/ And keep your eyes wide/ The chance won't come again/ And don't speak too soon/ For the wheel's still in spin/ And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'/ For the loser now will be later to win/ For the times they are a-changin'." - Bob Dylan

Well, the writer is here, and I would be thrilled to find a critic to review my work! The wheels are always spinning in my head - always - and there is no telling what will come out of my crazy thoughts. As I have been editing my latest manuscript this week, I keep coming across lines that surprise me and I have no idea where they came from. Sometimes my imagination runs wild, and in my opinion, that's when my writing is best. When I zone out, develop tunnel vision, lose all sense of time and space, and stop overanalyzing every little word, magic happens. At least in my eyes.

As for the last part of these ingenius lyrics, I don't consider myself a loser by any means, no matter how many rejection letters I get or how many weeks go by without hearing a word from the agents that I am putting so much faith in, which is more than a little difficult for me. Nope, I'm not a loser for the simple fact that I am writing and trying to fulfill my dream - my destiny. Eventually I will win, and then I can say, "Things have changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment