Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Who'll Stop the Rain

"I went down Virginia seeking shelter from the storm/ Caught up in the fable I watched the tower grow/ Five year plans and new deals wrapped in golden chains/ And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain." - "Who'll Stop the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Virginia might not be the best place to seek shelter from Hurricane Earl, but I have to say, I'm disappointed in his lack of oomph. For days The Weather Channel and our local news stations have been stressing that Earl would bring tropical storm force winds, heavy rain, etc. etc. etc. to our area, but, as always, I had my doubts. It's breezy and rainy, but honestly, we see worse conditions with your garden variety thunderstorms at least twice a week all summer. I was hoping for more from you Hurricane Earl! I know it's weird, but I have always liked crazy weather. I kind of thrive on the excitement.

As I sit here writing, a common quote from the old Peanuts comics comes to mind. I picture Snoopy sitting on top of his little red doghouse, pounding out the words, "It was a dark and stormy night..." on his big, clunky typewriter. Snoopy serves as my inspiration for the day.

Query letter update - out of the nine I sent out last week, I have so far received three rejections. They just keep coming, don't they?

1 comment: