Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday

"Saturday night's alright for fighting/ Get a little action in." - Elton John

I am reworking the lyrics to this song. My version will be "Saturday night's alright for writing/ Get a little fiction in." What do you think? Too cheesy? You're probably right, but I couldn't resist. I am so boring, I would rather spend my Saturday typing away at my computer than doing pretty much anything else, but what can I say, I'm obsessed!

I am currently on page 308 of my third "Willow Ryan" novel, making my running total of pages written in the last year and a half to be 1,000. I can hardly believe it! When I mentioned this to my dad last night he said he hopes it pays off. Even though I have yet to be published, I can honestly say that my writing has already paid off. Completing a book, chapter, page, even a sentence, gives me such great joy, stress relief, and sense of satisfaction, that I can't even put a price on it. True, a nice big advance or royalty check would be VERY nice, but that isn't what writing is about to me. I don't write because I want to make money, I write because I need to, just like I need to eat, drink, and breathe. To me, there's no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment