Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Working for a Living

"Hundred dollar car note, five hundred rent/ I get a check on Friday but it's already spent/ Working for a living/ Working for a living/ I'm working for a living, living and working/ Taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a living." - "Working For a Living" by Huey Lewis and the News

Okay, my job is pretty terrific so I shouldn't complain, but working really hard for money that is gone WAY before you get it gets pretty old. I dream about a day where I don't have to work Monday through Friday, but instead get to spend my time writing, creating magical strings of words that tell stories which people all over the world will remember for years to come. I know it sounds too good to be true, which probably means it is, but I can still hope.

Snapping back to reality, this has been an extremely productive long weekend for me. I wrote over 50 pages in my third "Willow Ryan" novel, which is more than I thought I would be able to accomplish. Surprise, surprise! I am around 240 pages into it now, approximately 2/3 of the way done. It's hard to believe, as I just started writing the first book 18 months ago. That should be a sign to me and everyone else that I am a born writer, because most people would have given up after seeing nothing in print after that long. Not me though! I'm much too stubborn for that! Instead, I will query a couple more agents this week that were holding submissions until after Labor Day, cross my fingers, hold my breath, and pray hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment