Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Finally Back on Track

"Look for a while at the China Cat Sunflower/ Proud-walking jingle in the midnight sun/ Copper-dome bodhi drip a silver kimono/ Like a crazy-quilt star gown/ Through a dream night wind." - "China Cat Sunflower" by the Grateful Dead

I love the Dead, but this has to be the single most hippie-dippy song on the planet, although there is something magical about it. This song played a part in finishing chapter 20 of my work in progress, thanks to my mom who knows the song and printed out the lyrics for me. There is a character in my Willow series who I refer to as the hippie that time forgot, and this song is perfect for her! I just love when inspiration falls into my lap like that.

So, I am happy to say that I'm finally back on track with my writing. Knowing that I have some time off and can actually sit down and write uninterrupted has really gotten my creative energy flowing. I wrote another five pages this morning bringing me to a grand total of 92,000 words...so far. I'm not worried about the length of this novel since it's the fourth one in the series. I figure that if the first one gets published and it's a hit, then the other ones can be longer than average without it being an issue. If not, then I will edit/revise when the time comes. As for right now though, I'm on a roll and I have to get back to my manuscript!

No comments:

Post a Comment