Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Pine Trees

"Ooh that smell/ Can't you smell that smell?" - "That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Pine trees are DEFINITELY not what Lynyrd Skynyrd was talking about in the song, but these lyrics work for this post. When I walked into work today, I knew right away that Riley and Alana had gotten a Christmas tree over the weekend. As I breathed in the strong, sharp scent of their beautiful pine tree, I was instantly taken back to Christmas when I was a child and we used to get a real tree. I remember going to the tree lot and trying to talk my dad into getting the biggest tree they had, even though there was no way it would have fit in our house. A girl can dream though, right?

We now only decorate artificial trees and Yankee Candle's Mistletoe scent does give off the aroma of a live evergreen, but nothing can compare to a real Christmas tree. Aahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment