Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'll Never Outgrow the Thrill...

"It's worth the wait the whole year through/ Just to make happy someone like you/ And I'll never outgrow the thrill of Christmas Day." - "Christmas Day" by the Beach Boys

I love this song, and it's so true! Christmas is by far my favorite time of year, and for so many reasons. I love the message of peace and goodwill that the season stands for, the carols and movies, giving gifts, reading holiday books, decorating, and most of all, celebrating the birth of Jesus, God's gift to us all.

In my latest "Willow" novel, one of the characters tells Willow that she turns into a five-year-old at Christmastime. I wrote that in because that's how I feel every year. There is just something about this season that brings out the child in me, and I think I might have even more fun than the kids I teach during these festive months. Whether I'm making a gift, shopping, playing Christmas music on the piano, or watching Ralphie Parker in his quest to get "an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle" in "A Christmas Story", I will be enjoying every minute of the holiday season. No matter how old I get (but I'm not really aging anymore, remember?), "I'll never outgrow the thrill of Christmas Day".

No comments:

Post a Comment