Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

High Heels and Sneakers

"She wears high heels/ I wear sneakers/ She's cheer captain/ And I'm on the bleachers." - "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift

Alana, the four-year-old I teach, is both of the girls described in this song. Over the weekend she had been climbing a tree and fell out, hitting her face on a fence on the way down. Ouch! Luckily she was fine, except for a big bruise on her cheek. I wasn't there to see it, but her parents told me about the accident while Alana looked on, wearing a princess dress, plastic high heels, and applying pretend make-up. If it were up to her, she would be outside climbing trees and making mudpies while wearing the frilliest dress possible (it has to twirl!) and fancy high heels. She is a girly-girl-tomboy, and when we heard this song on the radio on the way home from school today, she shouted, "Hey, that singer is singing about me!" Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment