Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Get Up and Do It Again, Amen

"And when the morning light comes streaming in/ I'll get up and do it again/ Amen/ Say it again/ Amen." - "The Pretender" by Jackson Browne

This is another one of my new anthems, although I am a real writer, not a pretender. Now if only I could convince an agent of that! Anyway, I keep reading in books, magazines, and websites devoted to the art of writing, that one of the most important things to do every single day is write, no matter what it is. I am embracing this advice.

True, I would love nothing more than to have hours upon hours to devote to working on my third novel, but unfortunately, I have a full-time job that complicates the situation.

So, whether it be a blog post, some notes is one of my many, many notebooks for a future novel or short story, a poem, or actual pages written for my current novel, "Willow Ryan: Surprises", I will be getting up and doing it again tomorrow, amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Keep writing! The world needs to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Don't give up on your passion! Love, Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete