Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dance, Dance, Dance

"I gotta dance, dance dance now the beat's really hot/ Dance, dance, dance right there on the spot." - "Dance Dance Dance" by The Beach Boys

This week I am teaching the girls about Asia. With each continent, I have the girls pick a country that they would like to focus on, and Alana picked India for this week, which is great because it's a country I can work with. For South America she picked Uruguay, which was next to impossible to find information on that was suitable for a three-year-old. What? Most American three-year-olds have never heard of Uruguay? Huh!

Anyway, I have been showing the girls You Tube clips of Bollywood dancing, courtesy of the talented contestants on "So You Think You Can Dance". They LOVED the routines! They both immediately jumped up and started "dancing Bollywood", which was more entertaining than I can even put into words. Alana incorporated her gymnastics into the dance, and Riley stomped her feet and waved her arms with all her might, trying to keep up with the "computer dancers", as Alana called them. I really do have a great job, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment