Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back Cover Blurb

"They say you gotta stay hungry/ Hey baby, I'm just about starving tonight/ I'm dying for some action/ I'm sick of sitting around here trying to write this book." - "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen

Writing the book isn't the problem, it's all the stuff that comes afterwards. "I'm dying for some action" in the publishing sense, and am getting ready to send out more letters to agents. A few agents I have queried in the past ask for a blurb to go on the back cover of the book (if and when it's ever published), and I would love some feedback on what I have written:

It’s the summer of 1986, and small town girl Willow Ryan is going to have a baby, something she never imagined would happen to her. Unable to disclose her secret, and unwilling to give up her baby, Willow leaves her Midwestern home for charming Santa Elena, California, where she lands a job working for a quirky Southern belle named Peggy, who has a knack for finding trouble where you would least expect it. Willow’s new neighbor, a friendly surfer dude named Denny, quickly becomes someone she can count on for anything, but could there be something more to their relationship than Willow sees?

Willow Ryan will take you on a journey with this independent, determined young woman as she grows up quickly, becomes a mother, and deals with a catastrophic event that turns her world upside down and ultimately makes all of her secrets come to light.


So what do you think? Would you buy the book if you read that summary at Barnes and Noble?

1 comment:

  1. I would buy it!! It definitely sounds like a book I would want to read. I want an autographed copy of it.

    ReplyDelete