Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Forever Young

"May God bless and keep you always/ May your wishes all come true/ May you always do for others/ And let others do for you/ May you build a ladder to the stars/ And climb on every rung/ May you stay forever young."

Isn't it incredible that Bob Dylan has been writing and recording for half a century and his words still hold as much power today as they did in the 60s? Man, was I born in the wrong generation!

In my quest to write something every single day, I am writing this post for my nieces and nephew, who I had the privilege of spending the day with. Technically I am not their aunt since their mother is my cousin, but it doesn't matter. To them I am Auntie Shannon, a title that I am very proud of. These children are sweet, brilliant, hilarious, and so full of love and life that at times, it seems like it just comes bursting out of them.

So, for Brenna, Aiden, and Caitlyn, I hope that your wishes come true, you grow up to be giving, successful, courageous, strong, and with joyful hearts, just like the song says.

No comments:

Post a Comment