Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get Back

"Get back, get back/ Get back to where you once belonged/ Get back, JoJo!" -
"Get Back" by The Beatles

I'm back to writing! Whew! Today is the first day in nearly two weeks that my head has been clear enough to write. I am still fighting the virus that won't quit, but at least I feel human again. The girls are skiing, so I have a long weekend, and I was able to write seven pages in my current novel this morning. The more I write about Willow and the rest of the people of Santa Elena, the more I like them. They're just so real, with hopes, dreams, fears, imperfections, and situations that so many of us can relate to. If only I could write full-time (and get a full-time paycheck for it!), I would probably have a dozen books in this series by now, instead of three and a third.

Since I am home today and not writing during nap time at work, I have my dog, Scooby, to keep me company. When I'm alone, I read my work out loud after I have written it, and doesn't Scooby look excited to hear about the latest happenings in Willow's world? On second thought, don't listen to him. He thinks garbage trucks and opossums are a thrill a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment