Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Contest Results Continued...

"It's a beautiful day/ Don't let it get away/ It's a beautiful day." -
"Beautiful Day" by U2

Yes, it's still a beautiful day! It occured to me after I had posted the last message about the Twitter Pitch Contest results (still smiling about third place!) that I should tell you what my entry was. I had to give a pitch in under 140 characters (like a Twitter message, hence the title of the contest), as well as the first three lines of my novel, Secrets. Here's what I submitted:

Pitch: Seventeen, pregnant, and on her own. An unwanted crisis or an unexpected blessing?

Three Sentences: Willow had known for two months. Two long months of going to school, hanging out in the quad at lunch, and working afternoons at the Dairy Queen, pretending everything was fine. She danced at the prom and marched across the football field at graduation with the rest of the class of 1986.

Just thought you might like to see what my entry was. Sorry I forgot to include it earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment