Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Auntie Robin's Etsy Store

"Well East Coast girls are hip/ I really dig those styles they wear." - "California Girls" by The Beach Boys

If you have a daughter or a little girl in your life that you shop for, I have found the greatest place to order from! While browsing through the crafters and artist website www.etsy.com, I came across Auntie Robin's store, and it is fantastic! She makes the most gorgeous skirts for little girls, many of which are inspired by classic fairy tales or story books. I bought some for the girls I nanny for, and they totally blew me away. The quality is amazing, every seam is finished (no rough or scratchy edges to irritate sensitive skin), the cotton fabric is beautiful, and best of all, the girls are so in love with these skirts that they don't want to take them off.

Every skirt is one-of-a-kind, making them all the more special. My personal favorites are the Wizard of Oz Dorothy skirt (red shoes on the pockets!) and the Thumbelina skirt (reminds me an English garden). I'm telling you, I know kids, and every little girl out there would love to have an Auntie Robin original in her closet.

The designer also quilts and has several stroller size (and larger) hand-quilted blankets for boys and girls. These little quilts look so soft and snuggly that I am tempted to buy one for myself - the Smores snowman quilt is adorable!

So, to sum it up, check out Auntie Robin's Etsy store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/auntierobin. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment