Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Wish I Had a River...

"But it don't snow here/ It stays pretty green/ I'm going to make a lot of money/ Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene/ Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on." - "River" by Joni Mitchell

I love snow. Unfortunately, it rarely snows in this part of the country. Bummer for me! As the temperatures have slowly gone down over the last couple of weeks, I have been wishing for winter more and more. I just love those crisp, blustery days when the sky is dark and there is the smell of snow in the air. I can't wait!

I just checked the forecast, and it appears that a warm front is coming through next week. That's just great. I want autumn temperatures, not Indian summer. Ugh. I also checked the forecast for Barrow, AK. Why would I do that you ask? Because I have a weird obsession with the northernmost town in America. They get a lot of snow. In fact, it's 25 degrees there and snowing as I type away at my computer. I can't help but feel a little jealous. Until the day when I see snow again, I will just dream about it, along with the frozen river to skate on, just like Joni.

No comments:

Post a Comment