Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tossin' and Turnin'

"Well, I was tossin' and turnin'/ Turnin' and tossin'/ Tossin' and turnin' all night." - "Tossin' and Turnin'" by Bobby Lewis

Tossing and turning is what Alana has been doing at naptime. The entire naptime. This is the child who slept 2-3 hours every afternoon all summer without fail, but as soon as school started, she thinks she no longer needs to take a nap. Well, she does. Why won't children just go to sleep when they need to?

Okay, okay, once upon a time I was one of those sleepless children. I didn't take naps past the age of two and have never slept well at night. From birth, I just haven't required as much sleep as normal people. If I get three hours I'm good to go for the day, and I have gotten by on less many times. I guess I can understand where Alana is coming from with not wanting to sleep, but this kid needs her rest! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today she will take a nice, long nap and wake up in a good mood for a change. We're supposed to go to the zoo on Friday (no school), and she knows that might not happen if she doesn't sleep. Maybe that will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment