Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Write the Next Line

"Why do I find it so hard to write the next line?" - "True" by Spandau Ballet

I just completed a massive edit on my first Willow novel and am now seven chapters into the second one. For the most part it has gone very well, but there have been a few lines that have just tripped me up. For one reason or another they just didn't read right to me, so I ended up changing them over and over again until I either had to take a break from frustration or I was finally satisfied with the results. I know that editing is a major part of writing, but it's my least favorite part - by far!

I'm hoping that this work will pay off though. Barnes and Noble is starting a very exciting e-publishing program that I will talk more about in the near future when I am ready to dive into this head first. Now, back to editing! Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment