Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

"Some folks are born, made to wave the flag/ Ooh they're red, white, and blue/ And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"/ Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord." - "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Happy 4th of July, everyone! No fireworks for me, just enjoying the last day of my vacation. Tomorrow I'm back to work and my days of writing for hours on end are over. Sigh... My goal for my vacation was to have Book 4 in The Willow Ryan series finished by today, but unfortunately that did not happen. I have two chapters to go and will finish this month, but I fell a little short. This book is the longest in the series, currently at 350 pages or so, and I have a little more work to do.

This latest installment in Willow's journey has brought some changes to the people of Santa Elena and I am so happy with the progress of this series. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the story I forget that I'm the one who created it! Does that happen to any of my fellow writers out there? Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, have a happy and safe 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment