Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Can Hardly Wait...

"And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!" - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" by Meredith Willson

This goes for nannies too! Maybe this song is stuck in my head because of Christmas in July, or maybe it's because there is only one month left until the girls are back in school. Yes, one month to go! Don't get me wrong, I have really enjoyed my time with them this summer (the 10-11 hour days, the sibling rivalry, the chaos that is my job - just kidding!), but I'm ready to get back to normal. We have been very busy with lessons, putting on plays, art projects, and studying various regions of the world, and I am exhausted!

So, will I use my time off while the girls are in school (until 2:30!) to sleep, lay around the house watching TV and eating bonbons, aimlessing surf the Internet? Of course not! I will be writing! I can't even tell you how excited I am to get back to my novels. I am still working on editing Dreams, the fourth book in the Willow Ryan series, and have pages and pages of notes on my next novel that I'm liking more and more each day. I do think it will be a challenge though, to write about different characters in a different time and place. Have any of you, my fellow writers, written a series and then moved on to something else? If so, did you find it difficult? All comments are welcome, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment