Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Finished!

"I've just reached a place/ Where the willow don't bend/ There's not much more to be said/ It's the top of the end." - "Going, Going, Gone" by Bob Dylan

I finished book four in the Willow Ryan series this week! It took six months, quite a long time for me to write a novel, but I'm done. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and am excited that revisions are getting underway. As I'm rereading the book, there were several little things that I had forgotten about, and I am becoming more and more happy with this first draft as I read on. Maybe that means I won't have to take a hatchet to this novel and edit it to death. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I have plans to write a fifth Willow book in the future, but my next big project will start after I finish editing this current novel. The next book I'm going to write is not related to the Willow series at all, but will instead be mainstream fiction set in Southeastern Virginia where I live. It will center around a group of friends from high school approximately ten years later. More info to come as the story progresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment