Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday's Top Ten - Favorite Words

"I sat down and wrote/ The best words I could write/ Turn, turn, turn again." - "Percy's Song" by Bob Dylan

Since I am a writer (or aspiring to be one), I thought I would devote this week's list to my favorite words. It's hard to pick just ten since my head is always swimming with words, but here goes nothing.

1. Enchanting - It's such a magical, dreamy word. Just makes me smile.

2. Peace - What we should all strive to create in our world.

3. Christmas - The best, happiest, most joyous day of the year.

4. Love - Goes right along with peace.

5. Perfect - An idea that is pretty much impossible, but one I still can't get past. There's a reason I made Willow a perfectionist in the Willow Ryan series.

6. Mustang - Wait a minute. This one doesn't fit in, does it? Oh well, my list, my words. The image of a Mustang, the sound of one, even the mention of the name, makes me happy. Especially when I have spent the majority of the day driving kids around in a minivan and I get behind the wheel of my Mustang. Woohoo! It's been my favorite car since I was six years old and it always will be.

7. Nonconformist - Going against the grain, standing out, not caring what the masses think. Gotta love it! I am proud to bestow this label upon myself, and I hate labels.

8. Inspire - To inspire somebody with something you said or did, or to be inspired by someone else is truly wonderful. I am always looking for inspiration in this world.

9. Win - I am the most competitive person around, so it's no wonder I like this word so much.

10. Congratulations - Only good news follows this word, right? The last time I saw this was a company congratulating me on a new credit card. The next thought that flashed through my mind was my credit score plummeting. I think I need a raise...

No comments:

Post a Comment