Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Stormy Monday

"They call it stormy Monday/ But Tuesday's just as bad." - "Stormy Monday" by the Allman Brothers Band

Sigh. My family reunion is over and things are returning to normal. Back to work, back to the same old, same old. It rained my whole way to pick up the youngest kid I take care of from school, that summery rain that comes with the hot, sticky air that is a struggle just to walk through. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, hence the reason for the song of the day.

Today is just not a good day. I can't concentrate to write, the very over-tired child upstairs is refusing to sleep and in a terrible mood, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have to work late today. Aren't Mondays great?

Tomorrow though, I plan on getting back to my writing. Poor Willow and the rest of the gang from Santa Elena have been frozen in time (1990 to be exact!)while I have been busy with family stuff, but now their journey can continue, much to my delight and relief. I have been working on this book since January, which is a long time for me. I have promised myself that it will be done by the 4th of July, and I think "it's very important to keep promises, especially to yourself". That quote was said by Barbara Stanwyck's character in "Christmas in Connecticut". What a great line!

No comments:

Post a Comment