Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sad

"I don't know why fortune smiles on some/ And lets the rest go free/...There's no use in asking why/ It just turned out that way/ So meet me at midnight baby/ Inside the sad cafe." - "Sad Cafe" by The Eagles

This post will be the opposite of the last one. My silver lining has faded to the point of being invisible to the naked eye. I heard back from the agent that requested a partial, the agent that I really, really thought would be perfect and the right person to represent my book, but she passed. Of course she did! I don't know why I even hoped for anything different. Okay, that was sarcastic bordering on snotty. I'll try to be nice. She said the writing was strong and the story was interesting, but she just didn't feel a strong enough connection as she would need to in order to ask for a full or offer representation. Grr!

Looking past this rejection and moving on to more agents is a big hurdle for me to jump over. Every time I get a request for a partial I tell myself I will not get my hopes up, and I really don't because I am such a pessimist. But unfortunately, a small part of me does think that maybe, just maybe, this is the one agent who will see my potential and recognize that my book is good enough to sit on the bookstore shelves. I know in my heart that it is, and I have been told that by so many people who have read it. It's just so frustrating to never have anything come of it. That being said, I won't give up because someday this is going to happen. But for today, I think I would fit in really well at the Sad Cafe. Does anyone have directions?

No comments:

Post a Comment