Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

All the Pages Are My Days

"In the book of love's own dreams/ Where all the print is blood/ Where all the pages are my days/ And all my lights grow old." - "Attics of my Life" by The Grateful Dead

Aren't those beautiful words? So poetic and so true. When I read the words I have written in my own books, they are so reflective of all of the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into each and every page. For me, writing is not just something I do, but a way in which I am able to live. It allows me to be expressive, to dream, to create something that otherwise would not exist. I have been writing the Willow Ryan series for two years now, and those pages really are my days since the idea for Willow's character first came to me in a flood of inspiration that honestly still blows my mind whenever I think about it.

That's kind of what led me to the deicision I made today. As many of you know, for the past few months I have had older versions of my first two books (I have since done some editing that I am so happy with!)available on Barnes & Noble and Amazon in the form of ebooks. Overall it has been a good experience, but I have decided to really renew my efforts to get an agent, and I don't want anything jeopardizing my chances at representation. So, I have taken my ebooks off sale. Hopefully at some point in the future (not too long in the future!), the Willow Ryan series will be available in traditional book form, which is what I have wanted all along. I know that these books are marketable, entertaining, relevant, and, not to toot my horn, well-written, so it's just a matter of finding the right agent who will agree with me on these points. Sigh...

To all of you who downloaded Secrets and Promises, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. I know that some people are leary of paying to read an unknown author's novel, but I really appreciate those of you who gave me a chance. I am going to work my hardest to make sure that my books are sitting on the bookstore shelves someday, where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment